Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Monte Carlo Masters

This past weekend, Nadal and Djokovic met for the 8th straight time in a final. This time Nadal was able to pick up a victory. I would have loved to watch this match, but unfortunately I don't get Tennis Channel. Total bummer that the match was not broadcast more widely. I have to give credit to Djokovic for even being out on court after the death of his grandfather earlier in the week. I caught up on highlights and it was pretty clear he wasn't 100% mentally in the match (understandable). That being said, I finally saw Nadal start serving like he did during the 2010 US Open when he completed his career grand slam. I wonder if he will be able to use this match to turn the corner in his recent struggles against Djokovic. I also expect Djokovic to be ready to use the French Open as his own personal tribute to his grandfather though. Let me know if you think this is a turning point for Nadal or if it is was just an understandable bump in the road for the Djokovic train.

No comments:

Post a Comment