Monday, July 15, 2013

Rules Were Meant to be Broken (by coaches of a certain age)

Brace yourselves tennis fans, what you are about hear will most likely be world shattering for your ears to take in. In a recent Spanish interview Toni Nadal, Rafa's coach and uncle, announced that "I talk to Rafa during matches. I know that it is not allowed but I think that at my age I have nothing to hide." NO WAY!!!! I am completely stunned to find out that the two of them have conversations and exchange comments during matches. They have always been SOOOOOOOO nonchalant and secretive during play...... In other related shockers, Novak Djokovic admits to questioning his teams gameplan during matches when he is losing. Oh no wait, EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THESE THINGS! Maybe now that Toni has come out and said this, we can lose the elaborate methods some coaches use to circumvent the no coaching rule the ATP and Grand Slams use. I'm talking the complex hand signals that Bartoli's dad used at Wimbledon, that Toni has used before, etc. Now we all know their secrets! I know you aren't really stretching or doing yoga in the stands coaches!!

Maybe they should all take a lesson from the coach of the most recent Grand Slam champ:

    

No comments:

Post a Comment