Tuesday, May 22, 2012

SERGIO!!!!!!!

Well, it's official. Novak Djokovic parted ways with his clothing sponsor, Sergio Tacchini this morning. I find myself lost at sea after hearing the news. I am like a ship with no rudder, a map with no legend. I mean if the Djoker is not with Tacchini, where o where will I ever find another shirt with a FREAKING DRAGON on it!!!! How on Earth will I begin to replenish my collection of tacky clothing bearing the images of mythical beasts or even better, giant self portraits of Djokovic himself?!! It was a 10 year deal and I was planning on a yearly supply of ridiculous outfits to wear on court. And now what am I left with? Why Novak why?..............................

Ok, all kidding aside this deal sounds like it wasn't good for either party. Apparently the contract was very incentive laden and Djokovic activated all of his incentives with his monster season last year. That meant Tacchini had to pay up. Appartently they had all sorts of U.S. distribution problems and that inhibited their sales to the point that they could not afford to pay on what they owed Djokovic. Word is Djokovic is about to or already has signed with Uniqlo, another smaller company from Japan that outfits Kei Nishikori. My money is on it being a short term deal and that he will be sporting one of the big names come next year. Good luck on your new deal Novak. I am just bummed I won't get to see you rip a dragon in half when you tear off your shirt in a victory celebration any more. That was the best chance we had of keeping the dragon population in check! Oh well, maybe Uniqlo will make you a shirt with Godzilla on it..............

No comments:

Post a Comment