Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Blast from the Past

Well, I am officially back from my vacation last week and I should probably get back at it. The World Tour Finals are not too far away now and Nike this year is outfitting their players with the "Flame Pack":


The above shoes and outfits are inspired by this beautiful Nike shoe from 1992:


Since the end of the season is apparently a time of nostalgia this year, here are a few other things I vote we bring back:

1. Let's mandate that everybody play in denim shorts. Requirements must include that they be hand cutoff and acid washed. Hey if it was good enough for Agassi, what's your problem Roger?

2. Bring back a horribly inappropriate sponsor for the women's tour. I miss the days when Virginia Slims was the title sponsor. Nothing like having a cigarette company backing a pro sports tour. I am thinking there have to be some asbestos or lead manufacturers that would make great partners.

3. Turn off HD broadcasts and go back to super grainy, 4:3 aspect ratio video. I love watching old matches with no idea where the ball is and also no idea if it's men or women playing until they show names.

4. Let's go back to using some good broadcasters but also a large number of people who have no knowledge of the game whatsoever. Oh no wait, we still do that.............

Let me know what else you think we should bring back to tennis!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!!! I love it!! I say bring back the super short boy shorts, and out of control hair strapped down with a sweatband, yeah??

    ReplyDelete